The Ethiopian Agricultural Businesses Corporation is a newly established corporation as a Federal Government Public Enterprise by Council of Minister Regulation Number 368/2015 in 22nd December 2015. The corporation was formed by merging five owned Enterprises; namely Ethiopian Seed Enterprise, Agricultural Equipment and Technical Services Share Company, Agricultural Inputs Supply Enterprise, Natural Gum Processing and Marketing Enterprise and Agricultural Mechanization Service Enterprise.
Purposes of Establishment
The purpose for which the Corporation is established are:
1. to buy from domestic and international markets and supply agricultural inputs, process same; undertake agricultural inputs market price stabilization activities;
2. to render agricultural mechanization services, agricultural and construction equipment repair services and provide rental services of agricultural machineries and transport vehicles;
3. to buy from domestic and international markets and supply agricultural machineries and spare parts, construction equipment and agro-chemicals;
4. to provide necessary education for promotion of the use of modern agricultural machineries; provide consultancy service in handling and use of agricultural machineries and provide on the job technical trainings;
5. to harvest, buy, value add to and process natural gum, produce other forest products, and supply to domestic and international markets;
6. to undertake agricultural land development studies and preparation of designs, agricultural land surveying, clearing, leveling, drainage end irrigation activities as well as other activities related to agricultural land development;
7. to cause undertaking of feasibility studies, design preparation, technology selection and negotiation, erection and commissioning of new and expansion projects as well as for research activities;
8. to cause the local designing and manufacturing of agricultural machineries and spare parts in partnership with capable local and foreign companies;
9. to work in cooperation with the concerned educational research and training institutions in producing trained manpower in such fields, numbers and quality as required by the sector,
10. to undertake studies, based on direction given to it by the Ministry of Public Enterprises, for the acquisition of financial, technological and modem governance inputs (including attracting investments or participating in investments) that can help it to become competitive; both locally and globally, and profitable and implement same upon approval;
11. to multiply, clean and process pre-basic, basic and certified seeds of various crop; vegetables and fruits; where necessary import pre-basic seeds and cause their production or sale them; to sell byproducts;
12. to undertake research and implement improvements with respect to the supply of agricultural inputs, agricultural machineries repair, the production and marketing of natural gum, mechanization services and related matters and thereby ensure its competitiveness.
13. to sell bonds, collateralize, negotiate and sign loan agreements with local and foreign sources in accordance with directives issued by the Ministry of Finance and Economic Corporation and on the basis of the guidance of Ministry of Public Enterprise;
14. to engage in other related activities for the attainment of its purposes.
EABC is organized into seven main operational sectors of which four are led by Agricultural Inputs Supply D/Chief Executive Officer and the rest Three are by Machineries supply and Engineering D/Chief Executive Officer. The Four support giving units are guided by Corporate Human Resource D/Chief Executive and the remaining Eight corporate support giving units are directly report to chief Executive Officer and there are also 19 Branches and 6 sub-Branches located in different administrative regions of the country.
- We assume high quality services according to accepted best standards and our approach and policies are:-
- We don't tell our customers what to do only, we tell them how to do also
- We support and make strenuous effort to succeed the vision of the country.
- Total dedication and commitment to excellence and quality service.
- Provide quality goods and services at competitive price
- Wide range of availability
- Adding value to customers through the use of applied technology
"Provide Agricultural inputs and technologies that should considerably improve production and productivity, boost modern farms and Agro-Industries at very competitive price to make the economic development of the nation grow fast."
"By rendering integrated agricultural inputs and mechanization service, to be a strong competitor in Africa by 2025."